turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Fidelity "The page you requested is currently unavailable." during 1099 download process (successful solution)

2023 Turbotax Desktop Premier downloading Fidelity 1099 info.

I got to where TT said it would connect using my default browser. Fidelity login did come up in my default browser.

I did enter my login credentials into the Fidelity window. I got

"The page you requested is currently unavailable. Please try again later."

The TT-launched intuit.com browser window said

"Fidelity Investments
We couldn't complete your connection.

Try again or go back to select a different account provider. (571)"

I went back to TT and tried again and again. Nope.

My suspicion that some setting I made on my default browser was interfering with the operation.

My workaround was to temporarily make a different browser my default -- a browser that I had not tightened up and still used total defaults.

Going back to TT, after a few times just telling TT to try again, I went back to an earlier point in TT. This time it worked. Launched a Fidelity login into my temporarily default browser. Got the message that the info had been downloaded. Success!

I followed that by deleting cookies and history from my temporarily default browser. I went back to my usual browser, and made that the default again.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Reply

Fidelity "The page you requested is currently unavailable." during 1099 download process (successful solution)

Thanks

Yep, we've seen that a whole lot this year.  People have their browser setting set to some high security setting, and it blocks imports of data from multiple financial institutions.  Most often, when the browser name has been stated, it has been the Brave browser, but I imagine others could also be involved.

I've had no issues with importing using Edge, with the security setting in the middle of the three choices.

____________*Answers are correct to the best of my knowledge when posted, but should not be considered to be legal or official tax advice.*
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies