turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Fees

I was told the fees were gonna be taken out of my refund check instead you allowed an agency to differ my check and didn’t pay yourselves, this is my problem why?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies
JeanneLO
Intuit Alumni

Fees

TurboTax does not approve your refund nor have access to it before the IRS approves and sends it.  If you had an offset then the IRS will have priority over your refund and TurboTax cannot prevent this. Additionally per the Refund Processing Agreement, you authorized us to debit your bank account if your refund was insufficient to cover your fees:

In addition, by clicking the "I Agree" button below, you electronically sign and authorize Intuit (through its third party processor) to debit the TurboTax Fees, Additional Products and Services Purchased and any applicable sales tax from your bank account number identified in the Agreement below, in the event that you do not receive a tax refund that is sufficient to pay for them.

Please see this TurboTax FAQ for more information:

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/charges-and-fees/help/why-was-my-bank-account-auto-debited-for-tur...

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Fees

So I’ve lost my job due to the  pandemic and my refund was offset from defaulted loans. My state was taken from me because I owed from 2015. I don’t have the money at this time. Can we postpone the payment? More time? I understand there are still fees. But I did not intend on being laid off. 

DonnaLO
Expert Alumni

Fees

We do have options available, but you have to contact us TODAY.  After today it will be too late to make changes.

For further assistance here is information about contacting TurboTax Customer support.

They are available from 5am to 9pm Pacific Time

https://ttlc.intuit.com/replies/3300041

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies