Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

lstan4ord

Federal taxes allow efile, State taxes don't. Do I have to wait for state taxes to be mailed before I can receive my auto-deposit?

I couldn't figure out how to delete my state tax screening even though it came out to 0$. Florida doesn't allow for efiling, but my federal taxes did and I enrolled for auto-deposit. Since I have to take the time to mail out my state refund and await a response, will my federal refund still auto-deposit, or does it wait for the state refund to be processed before it will be added to my account? 

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

Federal taxes allow efile, State taxes don't. Do I have to wait for state taxes to be mailed before I can receive my auto-deposit?

A lot of people are mis-interpreting the screen displays ,AND TTX really needs to change them.

One has nothing to do with the other.  Some refund screens show the total refund....but the Feds and the state NEVER send them together ..there is no coordination between the two.

____________*Answers are correct to the best of my knowledge when posted, but should not be considered to be legal or official tax advice.*

View solution in original post

2 Replies

A lot of people are mis-interpreting the screen displays ,AND TTX really needs to change them.

One has nothing to do with the other.  Some refund screens show the total refund....but the Feds and the state NEVER send them together ..there is no coordination between the two.

____________*Answers are correct to the best of my knowledge when posted, but should not be considered to be legal or official tax advice.*
lstan4ord

Thank you!
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies