turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I got charge fees to combined my federal and state taxes together and did not receive my state money at all. Please fix this and credit me my money

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

I got charge fees to combined my federal and state taxes together and did not receive my state money at all. Please fix this and credit me my money

Federal tax returns are processed by the IRS, while state returns are processed by the individual State Department of Revenue, so the refunds will always be paid separately.

Is it possible you are referring to the Refund Processing Fee

• The Refund Processing Service (also called pay-with-your-refund) gives you the option to deduct your TurboTax fees (including your State software fee) from your federal tax refund, instead of paying with a credit card. (Click here for more  Refund Processing). 

To track your State refund see TurboTax FAQhttps://ttlc.intuit.com/replies/3300211

View solution in original post

2 Replies
kshines24

I have the same issue. Did they resolve this yet?

Federal tax returns are processed by the IRS, while state returns are processed by the individual State Department of Revenue, so the refunds will always be paid separately.

Is it possible you are referring to the Refund Processing Fee

• The Refund Processing Service (also called pay-with-your-refund) gives you the option to deduct your TurboTax fees (including your State software fee) from your federal tax refund, instead of paying with a credit card. (Click here for more  Refund Processing). 

To track your State refund see TurboTax FAQhttps://ttlc.intuit.com/replies/3300211

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies