turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Federal Tax Return Not Accepted nor processing

Hello, When I created my turbo tax account to file my tax returns I had intended to e-file. However they would not let me because I’m missing my AGI for a job I worked in 2019 to prove my identity. I went to the IRS webpage to prove my identity through my 2019 file but could not access any of this information because I apparently don’t exist since I don’t have a credit card, no student debt or loans that exist. Skipping forward. 
I had to mail in my federal and state return. I signed, dated and addressed everything properly. My banking information was correct, I got certified mail to ensure delivery was correct. I received my state return. Unfortunately my federal has been delivered at the IRS building since February 24, 2021 at 1:03 PM. Yet when I go on the “Where’s my refund tool” all the information I enter is incorrect ( it isn’t ). I understand COVID is a thing and it’s taking longer but how the hell am I supposed to know it’s even been accepted into the building?? Thanks for your time. 
The IRS also states NOT to refile or to even call unless it’s been 6-12 weeks AFTER processing. Mine hasn’t even been accepted or processed. I’m getting irritated. 

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
ee-ea
Level 15

ll you can do now is, wait. At least you know that the IRS has your filing. It does not matter who sent your 1040 to the IRS. The IRS is the sole destination for tax returns. No one has discovered a way to make the IRS speed up sending out refunds. No one ever will because the IRS is an overwhelmed, over worked, under funded and under staffed government bureaucracy. Eventually you will get the pay off of your no interest loan to the government.

Have you thought of paying just enough by estimates or withholding to avoid a penalty and let the government wait for your check?

View solution in original post

3 Replies
ee-ea
Level 15

ll you can do now is, wait. At least you know that the IRS has your filing. It does not matter who sent your 1040 to the IRS. The IRS is the sole destination for tax returns. No one has discovered a way to make the IRS speed up sending out refunds. No one ever will because the IRS is an overwhelmed, over worked, under funded and under staffed government bureaucracy. Eventually you will get the pay off of your no interest loan to the government.

Have you thought of paying just enough by estimates or withholding to avoid a penalty and let the government wait for your check?

Also see Mail Processing Delays here:

Refunds | Internal Revenue Service (irs.gov)

I understand that it’ll take a while, I’m just more concerned that I haven’t received any updates of any kind. My federal taxes was automatically withdrawn from my checks biweekly, so I’m not sure I have to pay them anything. If that’s what you mean. I could be wrong this is only my first year filing on my own. I only have the single W2 for the year of 2020. Thanks for your response. 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies