Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Failure to update

Having practically completed my Federal return, I started TurboTax today to see whether the necessary form for Foreign Tax Credit was finally available. (I cannot complete my return and get my substantial refund without that form.)

Upon starting TT, it went to update and then advised that there was an update error. I tried the suggested steps to no avail. I then successfully downloaded and installed the MANUAL 'super' update. HOWEVER, when I now try to start TT, it again goes to automatic update and returns the same 'failure to update' message, despite my reportedly successful manual update. So, I cannot run the program.

HELP! Thanks for reading and any suggestions.

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies

Failure to update

I finally succeeded in doing the manual update. (Don't know why it worked this time.)

Now, however, when I run TT and have gotten to the check for errors part, it wants to update (which it cannot, using the auto update), and therefore will not check for errors.

Unless I can get some help on this or find a solution, it seems my only option will be to file without the error check. I hate to do that.

I AM NOT IMPRESSED WITH THIS SOFTWARE! Nor am I impressed with the lack of help and support.

Failure to update

Got through to telephone support.

At their suggestion, I uninstalled TurboTax and then reinstalled. I was afraid I would lose all my work on the returns, but that did not happen.

This seems to have solved the problem. Auto update now works and I was able to complete the returns, including the review process.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies