Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

jseirnealjrle
Returning Member

Exactly what information is imported if I imported last years Turbotax return? Does this include bank information?

When I import my Turbotax Online or Turbotax Desktop return from last year, what information gets imported exactly? Does that include bank information for direct deposit of my refund that was used last year?

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

4 Replies

Exactly what information is imported if I imported last years Turbotax return? Does this include bank information?

@jseirnealjrle 

OK, that bank routing and account  number transfers  (always has for me)...along with a bunch of forms you might have used (1099-INT, 1099-DIV, 1099-R etc.) that contain the info about the original issuer that you entered the prior year....but they will empty of $$ amounts, so that you can edit in the new values for the new year.  Also, some special $$ amounts...like carry-over losses, carryover credits, capital property and rental property costs/depreciation.  State refund value from the prior year....would have to think some more on what else might be avialable....prior year's AGI value.

IF the bank info was wrong or needs to be changed, you can change it during the filing process,

....or, if you are using the desktop software, you can correct it ahead of filing time by separately editing the Federal and State Information Worksheets in Forms Mode.   (IF your state allows a d.deposit or d.debit when filing).

____________*Answers are correct to the best of my knowledge when posted, but should not be considered to be legal or official tax advice.*
rjs
Level 15
Level 15

See the following FAQ for more information. Note that the list in the FAQ includes "Bank information for direct deposit of tax refunds."

When transferring a .tax file, what information carries over to my return?

the bank information has to be reconfirmed .......too much risk of error otherwise.  

as I recall, the bank info carries forward, but there are two lines for the account number: the original entry and the re-confirmed entry.  You have to re-enter the account number on the re-confirm line.  That mitigates the risk of using the incorrect account number. 

Cool.  TTX even created an actual FAQ for that.  Thanks @rjs 

____________*Answers are correct to the best of my knowledge when posted, but should not be considered to be legal or official tax advice.*
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies