Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Estimated Tax Planner

Turbo Tax used to have a Tax Planner that you could use to estimate next years taxes.  You project changes to your income or deduction situation for next year and calculate estimated taxes based on that.

Where did that planner go?  Or is it in a more expensive version of Turbo Tax?  I currently have turbo Tax Deluxe 2023.

Thanks......Ron

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies
ThomasM125
Expert Alumni

Estimated Tax Planner

There is a section in TurboTax called Form W-4 and Estimated Taxes. When you work through that section, TurboTax will help you determine what estimated tax payments you need to make next year. I believe that may be what you are looking for. It is in the Other Tax Situations section of TurboTax, then look for Other Tax Forms:

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Estimated Tax Planner

If you have the Desktop program you can also do a What-If worksheet.  

Go to Forms Mode, click Forms in the upper right or on the left for Mac. Then click Open Forms box in the top of the column on the left. Open the US listing of forms and towards the bottom find the What-if worksheet. It's right under Estimated Taxes.  

Or try…Go into Forms View. Once there, at the top of the left column, click on the icon for "Open Form". A popup window will appear. In the text line, type the word "what" without quotes. You should see "what-if worksheet" appear as a selection choice. Double-click it to launch the form.

Estimated Tax Planner

That worked!  "Other Tax Situations" seemed to be an odd title for it to be located under, so I never had looked there.  Thanks....Ron

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies