Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Estimated Tax option Form

On the Estimated Tax option Form there is a line for 2023 Withholding taxes.  The line auto inserts the 2022 withholding.  How do i change?  My withholding will be zero for 2023.  If i override TT  will reject my EFile return.  The same problem occurs when you try to change the amount of an estimated tax payment.

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies

it really doesn't matter; you are not beholden to the number in any event.  Just leave it. 

@kohut007 

Not sure if it would really reject or not...since it does not apply to your actual 2022 filing.

BUT, instead of doing that......(and If using the desktop software, do NOT USE FORMS MODE)

1)  Go to the Federal taxes tab (in the interview)

2) go to the "Other Tax Situations" tab

3) slide down the page to, and select "Form W-4 and estimated taxes"

4_ skip the W-4 part (i.e. select "No")

5) Select "Prepare Now" on the estimates page

6) Go thru the entire Q&A for preparing the estimates, and you will be able to select/change your actual withholding expected for 2023...and income amounts too. (Might need to go thru it a couple times, just to see how they divide up the sources of income/deductions you are guessing for 2023) Remember, if you are going to be retired, you may have set up withholding on your Retirment and SS distributions.

____________*Answers are correct to the best of my knowledge when posted, but should not be considered to be legal or official tax advice.*
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies