turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

dwhite572
Returning Member

Estate 1041

My sister passed on 3/16/2019.  She receives monthly royalty payments and received payments throughout the full year and received a 1099-misc.  Does that 1099-misc go on her 2019 1040 or on her 1041?  If on the 1041, where?  I tried putting it under Rentals and Royalty Properties but that appears to be for businesses.  Under Other Income?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

Estate 1041

I am sorry for your loss.

You have to allocate the amount received after her death to her estate, which would then be reported on the 1041 (under Rental and royalty properties). 

If the entire amount was reported on the 1099-MISC under her social security number, then that figure should be reported on her 1040 with the part allocated to the 1041 being designated as having been received as nominee.

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Estate 1041

I am sorry for your loss.

You have to allocate the amount received after her death to her estate, which would then be reported on the 1041 (under Rental and royalty properties). 

If the entire amount was reported on the 1099-MISC under her social security number, then that figure should be reported on her 1040 with the part allocated to the 1041 being designated as having been received as nominee.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies