Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Error when attemption to complete Form 8911 when filing for personal use

Unable to file my tax return 3 weeks now due to an error on Form 8911. I am filing the form 8911 for personal use which means that part 2 should be blank. Part 3 populates correctly but I receive an error on line 1. On turbo tax's worksheet I have entered all the correct data including the GEOID that the 2023 instructions require. Part 3 of the form has not changed from 2022. Turbo tax keeps on pushing fix date on this form 4 times now I have been waiting for more than 3 weeks to file my taxes. This form was made final by the IRS in January. The IRS has not made any schema changes to the 8911. When reviewing the XML schema for this schema, there are no required elements on line 1, Lines 10 through 19. And there are no business rules that would prevent this form from being e-filed. The only IRS business rules that pertain to the 8911 are disabled. I have called support a few times spent hours on the phone with no success. I can not even get support to escalate the cases to development. Every support person has just closed my case with no solution.  When will the 8911 be corrected? All i see on the turbo tax software that the fix date keeps getting delayed. 

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies
Cynthiad66
Expert Alumni

The IRS made updates to Form 8911 Alternative Fuel Vehicle Refueling Property Credit. TurboTax is planning to make updates around this by 02/28/2024. Please check back then to be sure you are eligible to receive this credit.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Can you please give an accurate date of when this will be fixed. According to the error inside the software the date is now 03/02/2024. I have zero faith in turbo tax since they keep pushing the fix date 4 times now. If I told my clients that a form will be at at this date and I keep pushing it back I would loose that client. There is no reason why this 8911 is delayed for people who are filing for personal use (part 3) especially when there were 0 changes from last year. I do partnership taxes so I know there is no excuse for part 3 to be delayed. Especially when part 3 does NOT flow to the 3800 general business tax.

raj_cv

today, i'm seeing a date of 3/5. This is ridiculous. 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies