Solved: error on interest income

Captain57retired

error on interest income

I am doing my taxes with turbo tax.  There is an error on interest received.  It shows on the interest earned entry, but shows less than the actual income on the summary tab and I cannot correct the figure.  I don't know why the reported interest income is less than actual.

pfridder

error on interest income

Go back and check where you entered the interest and that you filled in the correct boxes.  Be sure you entered the amount in 1099-INT.  Be sure the amount is in Box 1.  If the box that says "my form has info in more than box 1" is checked, verify that the correct information is entered in the additional boxes

VictorW9

error on interest income

Go back and double check your entries and ensure it's not dividend income because you will have ordinary dividends and qualified dividends. Just make sure you entered them in the correct places.

pfridder

error on interest income