scottrgross

Error. for my 1099B.PDF - An XML document that represents a binary attachment must have a valid reference to an attached file. Reject Code R0000-058-01. How do i fix it?

Brendan01

This article will help resolve your issue.

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/tax-topics/help/my-tax-return-was-rejected-for-code-r0000-058-01/0...

Make sure all PDF files attached in your return (Investment income section) have unique names and none have any special characters e.g #, $, etc. or spaces in the file name.

AjOregon

It sure would be nice if TurboTax would warn you if your filename was not valid. My original attachment was named "1099-B.pdf" and was rejected with this error. I'm hoping the dash "-" character is one of the etc/... special characters that aren't explicitly called out.

BrendanM

Agreed.  The fix will be out mid next week.

AjOregon

It seems there may be a deeper issue. I have deleted the 1099B attachment and refiled with the pdf named "MyName1099B.pdf" and simply "schwab.pdf", both were rejected with this error. I have no way of viewing what the XML file's contents are but am guessing that's where the issue lies?

KathrynG3

If you want to be notified of the resolution, please provide contact details on this Sign-Up Form.

AjOregon

I was able to find a workaround to this issue. I was entering my 1099B amounts as a summary of all sales total, if you enter each sale individually you are not required to upload the form. This may be cumbersome if you had a lot of sales but at least it avoids the issue.

Aleksandr

What is the way to attach 1099B to my return? How do you do that? I didn't find in my TT Premier 2020 any options to attach 1099B to my return.