turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I’m trying to clear and start over but I can’t find the tax tools how do I locate it?

It’s not giving me the tax tools option or anything. How do I clear ?
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

I’m trying to clear and start over but I can’t find the tax tools how do I locate it?

I assume you are preparing a 2018 return using TurboTax Online.

If your return is not already open, then log into your account and choose "Take me to my return."

When the return is open, then at the Welcome screen or at any screen in the open return, go to the left menu column and find TAX TOOLS.  (see image below)

Expand that section and choose "Clear and Start Over."

NOTE:  If your left menu column only has choices for Tax Home, Previous Taxes, Intuit Account, and Sign Off, then you are at the wrong screen.  Your return must be open to get the full left-column menu.

View solution in original post

5 Replies

I assume you are preparing a 2018 return using TurboTax Online.

If your return is not already open, then log into your account and choose "Take me to my return."

When the return is open, then at the Welcome screen or at any screen in the open return, go to the left menu column and find TAX TOOLS.  (see image below)

Expand that section and choose "Clear and Start Over."

NOTE:  If your left menu column only has choices for Tax Home, Previous Taxes, Intuit Account, and Sign Off, then you are at the wrong screen.  Your return must be open to get the full left-column menu.

pom3440

Note that you cant be on the Turbo Tax app. So frustrating that none of the answers said that.

@pom3440
I'm sorry you had trouble finding the information you needed.   The use of the App is much less common, and the threadowner did not mention using the App, and appears to be using Online TurboTax.

An answer can't cover every circumstance and is normally written for the threadowner.  When you have a question again on some topic, if you start your own thread, you can say in the question that you are using the Mobile App.

A search of the FAQs, however, produces this:
<a rel="nofollow" target="_blank" href="https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/3177005-how-do-i-clear-and-start-over-in-the-mobile-app">https://t...>
pom3440

@epo39b thank you

You're welcome.  Good luck.
The fact that you mentioned the App here may help someone else who sees this thread and sees the FAQ link with the App info.  So thanks for mentioning that here.
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies