turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Entered Driver License issue and expiration dates as estimates so Turbotax would prompt changes before sending. Oh no! NO!! Why did file transmit to IRS with estimates?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies
TomD8
Level 15

Entered Driver License issue and expiration dates as estimates so Turbotax would prompt changes before sending. Oh no! NO!! Why did file transmit to IRS with estimates?

TurboTax does not have independent access to the drivers license information of its users.  Therefore the program would have no way to "prompt" a user who entered incorrect drivers license information.

But if your e-filed return is rejected, you'll have a chance to correct the information.

**Answers are correct to the best of my ability but do not constitute tax or legal advice.

I understand that Turbotax could not know if I entered incorrect information.  But since I marked the entries as "estimated," Turbotax should have caught that.  If not, then marking as "estimated" should not have been an option in Turbotax.  By the way, my return was accepted by the IRS 33 minutes after it was submitted.  I guess I will see if the made up dates cause issues in the future.  Thanks,
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies