Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Endless "Needs Review" loop - Credits for AMT Paid in Prior Year

Alright, going to try and see if anyone can help one more time before I go down the refund/chargeback route. Support has essentially been non-existent. Called in and spoke with someone who provided no solution whatsoever.

Under "Deductions & Credits --> "Credit for AMT Paid in Prior Year", it shows the dollar amount for 2022, then says "Needs Review" for 2023. When I click "Needs Review", it simply says "Congrats, you get a tax break". It seems like this may be causing Form 8801 to not populate correctly. Part I of Form 8801 is being left completely blank by TurboTax. Since I am using the Online version, I do not have the ability to manually edit the forms. As things stand right now, I am unable to e-file my taxes, as I assume they will be rejected because of this form error. I have attempted to delete the forms via "Tools", but this doesn't work -- the forms (e.g. Form 8801) are still there.

Here is my token number, in case someone from support is around who can help: 1226735

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies
AmyC
Expert Alumni

The tokens only work in the desktop program at my level. Which circles us back to the desktop version. Since you have already paid for the online version, you can switch to the desktop for no extra charge. I should have mentioned that in my other post. My apologies! See the other post here

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Thank you @AmyC .

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies