Solved: Employee ID error msg but was the same last year without error. The Employer is Durham D&M with an ID of 54-2082957.What can I do to be able to E-File this return?

Employee ID error msg but was the same last year without error. The Employer is Durham D&M with an ID of 54-2082957.What can I do to be able to E-File this return?

Use Durham D and M

Use Durham D and M

I tried changing the name to Durham D and M and it still said that the ID was invalid.

Do you have any other suggestions. I'll see if IRS can verify this ID. I Doubt that they will feel that they can say it is valid or not because of some type of security.

You may have to just print and mail.

We've checked with the Durham D&M and IRS  and the EIN is correct and is in the IRS data base. Does Turbo tax have their own file of valid EIN's? last year I had Turbo Tax running on an HP computer, this year it is on an iMac. Could the iMac version be missing some EIN.s?

The problem was indeed mine. I has entered the EIN with a preceding “blank” and it was not noticed  until the final Review Check.
 The EINs of “ 54-2082957” look the same as “54-2082957” when the quote mark are not used for delineation. It would be nice if the EINs would be checked for a preceding “blank” when they are entered. Anyway I apologize   for the confusion and time I invoked. Thanks for your time and cooperation. Rex