Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Electronic Form 4562 is NOT available

I just spent the last day pulling my hair out trying to figure out why 4562 wasn't showing up for me. Turns out it isn't available yet even though TT shows it was. Thought this might save someone some grief.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

10 Replies

Form 4562, Depreciation and Amortization is available

https://care-cdn.prodsupportsite.a.intuit.com/forms-availability/turbotax_fed_online_individual.html

If you are using the desktop software make sure that you are at the latest release.  Click on Online at the top of the desktop program screen.  Click on Check for Updates.

If you get a message that your software is up to date and you still cannot access the Form 4562 to depreciate assets, then save your tax return and close the TurboTax program.

If the TurboTax software is installed on a Windows based PC, get a manual update - https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/updating/help/manually-update-turbotax-for-windows-software-basic-...

Yes, this is the source of my information and even TT support says it is WRONG.

petes
Returning Member

The manual update will not update.  It does not find Turbotax downloaded on my PC.  How do I can my software updated?

LinaJ2020
Expert Alumni

This form is available. Click here: availability

To update the program, follow steps here:

• If you are using the TurboTax CD/Download software program, open the program, from the top, under Online, select Check for Updates.
  • If you are using the online version, it's an automatic update when you sign in and out. 
  • For the desktop, make sure to exit the program after the update, then return to open up the program. 

For additional help to update, click here: Manually update

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
petes
Returning Member

I have tried to update the program as instructed, no change.  I have tried to download the manual update, but it states that I do not have Turbotax 2019 on my computer and it will not install.  How can I get the software to update?

I don't know why you TurboTax "experts" continue to repost bad information. I don't care what your side shows, I can't update the program in any manner. I decided to do my daughters (easy) return while I waited for an actual answer. Guess what? I got to the filing part and was told I had to update the program. I gave up, bought H & R Block and filed the returns, ending a long standing relationship with TurboTax.

jfoster12

I tried to update online and manually, it said Turbo tax wasn't installed, how can I reinstall it

AkinaLO
Intuit Alumni

Here are instructions for uninstalling and reinstalling your software.

Uninstall TurboTax for Windows - Community

Reinstall TurboTax for Windows - Community

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

I have tried to update the program as instructed, no change. I have tried to download the manual update, but it states that I do not have Turbotax 2019 on my computer and it will not install. How can I get the software to update?

It won't  update and I need Electronic Form 4562.

I have the same problem. Did you ever find a solution?

thanks

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies