turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Electronic Filing

I am ready to electronically file but Turbotax will not let me. It is saying one K1 form needs to be corrected, however, I cannot see any error. It is Part III Question 16. I entered A as Various - one of the selections and Turbotax seems to want me to break it down by country. Why have Various as a choice if you are going to lock it up? Any suggestions I want to electronically file and this problem over a measly $650 in foreign income is stupid. Is there anyway to tell the software to ignore what it thinks is an error?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Electronic Filing

did you type it in or use the drop down box? typing in is a no no ?

did you click on the link below line 16 to compelte rest of info. 

note that unless there is an amount for 16P or Q the actual foreign taxes - you may have wasted your time 

Electronic Filing

I have tried it several ways: I direct downloaded a txf file from Buckeye Partners, I have direct loaded the data using direct input and then made sure I used drop down. The problem seems to be it is ignoring the "Various" and wanting me to add the four additional K1 data sheets which only hold three foreign companies worth of data per sheet. 

You are right it is a waste of time as the final numbers do not change with or without the Buckeye input as there was no foreign taxes. The problem is it will not let me electronically submit the tax forms until I solve the problem. 

Thank you for your suggestions. 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies