EIN not on W2 how do I find it?

EIN not on W2 how do I find it?

It is blank on my W2.

EIN not on W2 how do I find it?

You probably won't find your Employer ID (EIN) on your paystub or paycheck. Please try these options:

• Last year's W-2, assuming you're working for the same employer and kept Copy C (for employee records) with your tax return paperwork.
  • Online, but only if your company is publicly-traded (has a stock symbol).
    • Search for your company's annual report (10-K filing), e.g. "Amalgamated Conglomerated 10-K," "ACME annual report," etc.
    • The EIN will be labeled IRS Employer Identification No. and is usually on the first page.
    • This might not work if your employer has multiple EINs.
  • Public court documents, if your employer went bankrupt. Oftentimes the EIN will be on the docket sheet along with their name and address.

If none of the above works, then ask your employer's payroll, human resources, or accounting department.

If your employer is not being cooperative, you may call the IRS at 800-829-1040 for assistance.