Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

forwardj

Efiling

How can I Efile, married filing jointly, with only one driver's license as ID?

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies

Efiling

You are not required to enter drivers license information to e-file a federal return.  It adds a layer of security but you can skip entering it if you want to.   However some STATES are more fussy about drivers license or state ID's being entered and will not allow you to e-file without one.   If that is the case with your state, you will have to print and mail your state if both of you do not have ID's.

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**
forwardj

Efiling

Thanks for your helpful information.  In fact, I checked the box to say that the State ID and Driver’s License was not available. I continued the Efile without both joint filers proving that requested/required ID. I submitted my return; TurboTax accepted, verified the receipt; finally verified that my return was accepted by IRS.

Thanks for your help.  Thanks TurboTax for the efficient and effective process.  JohnR

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies