Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Efiling help

I am trying to eFile my return, before eFiling in the last year Tax Info, it shows the my Gross Income value in my Wife's info as well. I had files jointly in 2018, and my wife dis not have any income, so shouldn't it be 0 for her?

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

4 Replies
ReginaM
Expert Alumni

Efiling help

If you filed Married Filing Joint in both years, you would use your joint AGI (Adjusted Gross Income). 

If you either filed Married Filing Separate in one year and Married Filing Joint in another, you will not be able to E-File and would not need your AGI (Adjusted Gross Income), you would need to file paper return(s).

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Efiling help

So 2018 my husband  filed MFS and I filed HOH and we Efiled. For 2019 we are want to Efile as MFJ.   I am concerned about the AGI.   Can I combine them? Or can I not Efile at all for this year because of how the returns were filed for 2018?

Efiling help

@Sli001 wrote:

So 2018 my husband  filed MFS and I filed HOH and we Efiled. For 2019 we are want to Efile as MFJ.   I am concerned about the AGI.   Can I combine them? Or can I not Efile at all for this year because of how the returns were filed for 2018?

You enter the 2018 AGI from his 2018 tax return and you enter your 2018 AGI from your 2018 tax return.

AmyC
Expert Alumni

Efiling help

When it asks for the AGI for each of you, put in the AGI each of you had last year.

For example:

Taxpayer - first name listed on return - put in their AGI

Spouse - second name listed - put in their AGI

You do not combine the incomes.

@Sli001

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies