Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

eFile Rejected Twice

I have been helping my father with his taxes these last few years. For the last few tax seasons he preferred going all the way through Turbo Tax with me, but then printing and mailing the tax form submission into the IRS. This year he decided to eFile; however, it has now been rejected twice. When it asks me for his AGI from last year, Turbo Tax enters the correct information, because we did his taxes on Turbo Tax...and I have double checked that it is accurate.  What am I doing wrong? Will it just not let him efile because he mailed it in last year?

The error code is: IND-031-04 - The primary taxpayer's AGI or Self-select PIN from last year does not match IRS records.

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

eFile Rejected Twice

The same thing happened to me when I tried to efile for the first time.  I did some research and found that my 2020 mailed return was not processed by the IRS until February of 2022.  Therefore 2020 returns, not processed by the IRS by the end of December 2021 are asked to submit a zero balance for AGI. It finally worked on my 4th try.  

View solution in original post

2 Replies

eFile Rejected Twice

The same thing happened to me when I tried to efile for the first time.  I did some research and found that my 2020 mailed return was not processed by the IRS until February of 2022.  Therefore 2020 returns, not processed by the IRS by the end of December 2021 are asked to submit a zero balance for AGI. It finally worked on my 4th try.  

eFile Rejected Twice

That worked! Thanks 😁

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies