Chubbybeardman

Efile 2020 amended return

Can I e-file an amended return with turbotax for free?

Efile 2020 amended return

Yes as long as you don't need to upgrade to handle a situation the FREE program will not do ... for instance you need to add a Sch C.   ALSO do  NOT amend the return until the original return has been fully processed and you have the original refund in hand. 

Chubbybeardman

Efile 2020 amended return

Where do I go to do that? It stated I didn't qualify for the free e-filing. And just showed that I owed the same taxes they took from me that shouldn't have been taken

HelenC12

Efile 2020 amended return

Critter-3 is correct.

If you filed a tax return with TurboTax and you need to amend your income tax return, yes, it's generally free to amend unless with the amendment causes you to upgrade to a higher version. You may be charged an additional fee.

If you didn't file your income tax return with TurboTax, you would have to select a tax product, pay for it and then you'd be able to amend. If you qualify, you may be able to use one of the TurboTax free editions

Generally, Form 1040-X,  Amended U.S. Individual Income Tax Return, must be filed within three years of the date the original return was filed, or within two years of the date the tax was paid, whichever is later.