lov3good

Easy Extension not working. Help!

I'm currently living in South Korea and cannot file my taxes until July to qualify for the Foreign Earned Income Exclusion. However, when I try using the easy extension feature, I get an error message that the 'deadline to file an extension has passed' which I know is not accurate. What can I do to resolve this? It's not projecting that I owe anything, but I'd still prefer to file the extension if at all possible.

Because I live overseas, getting in touch with support is tough. I can't even provide my South Korean phone number because the site is only set to recognize the format of a US number. Side note: It's really frustrating that I've paid for this program and can't even access something as simple as a live chat feature.

Easy Extension not working. Help!

You are trying to access easy extension way too soon.  It is not available yet.  That happens sometime in March.

If you need to file for an extension for 2019 tax returns then get the form from the IRS site and mail it in.  An extension does not give you extra time to pay any tax due.  So you have to pay estimated 2019 tax by April 15, 2020.

https://www.irs.gov/forms-pubs/extension-of-time-to-file-your-tax-return

lov3good

Easy Extension not working. Help!

Thanks for the useful info. I will just wait until March versus risking snail mail from SK. Perhaps TurboTax should update their easy extension portal to reflect this, as it clearly is stuck in 2018.

As I stated, I don't expect I owe any taxes and I'm just looking to file the extension so everything is done on my end. Thanks again for the help.