Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

e-filing closed on 10/15? extended taxes are due on 10/17

I'm finishing up my taxes right now (would have finished earlier, but TurboTax crashed on me and lost everything), and I want to e-file, but I get a message that:

"E-filing is closed for the season, you can file by mail. ... TurboTax e-filing closed for the tax season on October 15, 2022."

The link to "Learn More" only lists the 10/17/2022 deadline.

Why is e-filing no longer available? I'm praying this is an error on TurboTax's part.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

There is a notification when using the TurboTax software that there is an issue with the software indicating that e-filing has been temporarily paused.  The notification states that this is a known problem and to update your desktop software after 10:30am Pacific time.  The update will allow e-filing up through 11:59pm local time on October 17, 2022.

Click on Notifications in the upper right corner of your desktop program screen.

View solution in original post

Yes, I got the same crap message half an hour ago.  So printed out the two sets of forms (one for IRS and other for me), and tried again!  Turbotax restarted after "updating" for 1 minute yet again!  but then I was able to efile effortlessly.  It is shown as pending, but expect an accept or reject message in 24-48 hours.  So all good.  I recommend you try that method.  Maybe they got enough protests and just filed that date error.  Peace.  Dr. Ram

View solution in original post

4 Replies

There is a notification when using the TurboTax software that there is an issue with the software indicating that e-filing has been temporarily paused.  The notification states that this is a known problem and to update your desktop software after 10:30am Pacific time.  The update will allow e-filing up through 11:59pm local time on October 17, 2022.

Click on Notifications in the upper right corner of your desktop program screen.

IRS says:

"IRS Free File remains open until November 17 for those who still need to file their 2021 tax returns. "

Does that mean tax software ( e.g. TurboTax ) will conform ?

Yes, I got the same crap message half an hour ago.  So printed out the two sets of forms (one for IRS and other for me), and tried again!  Turbotax restarted after "updating" for 1 minute yet again!  but then I was able to efile effortlessly.  It is shown as pending, but expect an accept or reject message in 24-48 hours.  So all good.  I recommend you try that method.  Maybe they got enough protests and just filed that date error.  Peace.  Dr. Ram

Thanks, all, for the replies. It seems like I was able to e-file after all.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies