Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

E-Filing Certification

I e-filed federal and state returns at same time. TurboTax prints an "Electronic Postmark - Certification of Electronic Filing" to show the date and time that Intuit received the federal tax return.

Is there any such statement provide for e-filing of state returns? I have not received these for NY or NJ.

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies
HelenC12
Expert Alumni

E-Filing Certification

Yes, you'll get confirmation that the states have accepted your returns. States generally take much longer for the acceptance response versus the federal government. 

You may also be able to check the status of the state returns, on the state websites, if you're getting a refund.

• For NY, click here.  
  • For NJ, click here.
**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

E-Filing Certification

Thanks, but not what I meant. You're talking about TurboTax sending an email that says "Great news, (name)! Your federal tax return was accepted by the IRS." Same for the states.

I'm talking about the form that prints after e-filing. It's headed "Electronic Postmark - Certification of Electronic Filing". It provides the date and time the federal return was submitted. It also includes the federal return acceptance date. I have not seen anything like that for the states. This would be good to have.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies