Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

E-FILE NOT ALLOWED WITH A SCHEDULE C WITH A LOSS

Turbotax says I can not e-file because of forms in my return. 

I have 2 w-2s and a schedule c loss.

If I remove the Schedule C. The e-file wizard proceeds.

This has now happened in my son and daughters returns

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

4 Replies
MonikaK1
Expert Alumni

If you are unable to proceed in TurboTax with a Schedule C on the return, it may be that you have a TurboTax product that is not designed to prepare a complete Schedule C. If you use Deluxe, for example, you can report income from self-employment but not all expenses. The full Schedule C can only be found in Turbo Tax Self-Employed for online users, or Home and Business for desktop/download product users.

See this TurboTax Tips article for more information on preparing returns with Schedule C.

If there are forms in your return that aren't yet available for e-filing, such as some state returns, you can find out using this tool. Choose Individual and either Federal or the correct State to see a list of forms and whether they are available for e-filing, or the projected available date.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

I t does not matter if you have a profit or a loss. When a schedule C is added the program does not let you proceed. NO one has answered why. Turbo Tax is hiding behind the guise that we have to wait.  This is a problem with their software and it has to be fixed so that we can file our taxes which is why we purchased their product.

This is not true. I have used TurboTax for many years. I have always been self-employed and I have always used TurboTax. I even upgraded from basic to deluxe for $30. Nothing. It is a problem with TurboTax. It is not a problem of wether IRS has opened or not either. I hope you get this resolved quickly. People are becoming anxious and want answers.

CatinaT1
Expert Alumni

This has been resolved. Try closing TurboTax, clear your Cache and Cookies, and reopen TurboTax.  Make sure you have ran all updates. 

@BVALDES67 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies