Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Duplicate W2s

I have a duplicate W2 (from the same job, where they switched payroll companies) that are identical except the name and ID numbers (such as EIN).  How do I know which to put in? Is there anywhere I have to clarify this? Other than name and ID they are the exact same amounts and my employer confirmed they are from switching over.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies

Duplicate W2s

If you have 2 W2s with different EIN numbers you need to enter both of them.  Is box 1 the total income you got for the whole year?  Or did they put half on each one?  Sounds like you might need a corrected W2 for one or both.  

DavidD66
Expert Alumni

Duplicate W2s

If one of your W-2s indicates it is a "corrected" W-2, that is the one you want to enter.  Instead of saying "corrected" it might say "W-2C".   If one of them isn't corrected, could they each represent 1/2 of your income?  If so, enter both.  If they both are for your entire year's income and they were both reported to the IRS, you have a problem.  You need to go back to your company's payroll department and find out exactly what the situation is.  

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies