turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

ggizhis-1

When can we start filing taxes for tax year 2018 (filed in 2019)

Federal will most likely be between February 3rd and thereafter

Thanks, you really think it’ll be that quick?

I filed the 18th accepted 22nd and mine switched to PATH message this morning 1.26.19. If you claim eitc you will have to wait till mid Feb to receive your refund.

If you don't have EI or the CTC it should be pretty fast, but take into account that the tax season doesn't technically start until the 28th. They say simple returns shouldn't be delayed due to the government shutdown since 80% are done by computer unless a red flag pops up.

I filed at H&R Block on 1/24. Was accepted the next day. Would love to have my funds by next Frid

I wouldn’t worry about EIC too terribly much because whenever I worry it’s for nothing since I get an early refund

@ashleyredd202 How did you receive your refund 4 days before the irs opened tax season? I was under the impression even without EI or ACTC returns wouldn't be issued until the IRS opened tax season on the 28th?
washr19

I filed on Jan 24 and accepted that day, but I do have eic. I looked at my transcripts and it says Return Due date or Return Received date Processing Date Feb 18. I have no clue what is means but hopefully I will get mt refund around that time.

Washr19 If I'm correct, 2/18 is your deposit date. You lucky son if a gun. It should also show on WMR tomorrow.
washr19

@dungaroo25 Wow ! That would be great. I will totally keep you guys posted.

I must have been in the early test batches the irs does. So I filed on 1/16 with turbo tax and was acceppted the next day for federal and state. I have 2 bars as of few days ago stating I would receive my refund by 1/30. I am lucky one.

Washr19 Yes please provide the update tomorrow.

@CHRISTIEMSCOTT  Most of basic returns are all done by computer,  it's all automated unless a red flag pops up and it needs review by an actual person. Your return can be accepted even before tax season starts and then it will be approved but no returns should have been issued before the 28th which is when tax season actually opens. If you don't have EI or ACTC your refund should post pretty fast. People who have those credit have to wait until mid/late February. If yours doesn't have those though that seems like a pretty basic timeline to me.

Christiemscott I'm jealous.

I'm happy to wait until mid Feb, it just means I'm getting 2 additional credits that make up 3/4 of our return. We don't have state taxes so it is just what is withheld from wages and then credits so I am very thankful for them and glad to wait a bit longer if it mean s bigger refund
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies