Downloading updates

Nick106

Downloading updates

I was ready to file and got the message that there were 5  updates to download. But TT could not download them. I went to digitally file my taxes, but TT would not let me do it without the last updates. Very disappointed!Any ideas?

LenaH

Downloading updates

If you're having trouble updating your TurboTax 2020 for Windows Individual software using the "Check for Updates" method, you can get the latest federal program update here:

1. Close TurboTax and all other programs except this browser window.
  2. Click here to download the 189 MB update.
  3. Save the update file to your Windows desktop.
  4. Double-click the update file w_perrelsuperpatch... on your desktop to install the manual update.

We don't offer manual updates for TurboTax state software. If you need to update your state, here are your options.

cmatlanta

Downloading updates

Open Task Manager, click on the Details tab, find and click on msiexec.exe to select it, then click on End Task.  Updates should work fine then. Had same problem both last year and this year.