Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

dalezalaoras
Returning Member

DOWNLOAD FAILURES

I received a TurboTax CD from Amazon on January 24, 2023. I did not try to use it until April 6, 2023, all to no avail. My desktop computer would not download the software. 

I tried to download the software directly (online), using the code supplied with the CD, and that also did not work. I talked for 3 hours on my cell phone with 4 different TurboTax representatives - going through a terrible "phone tree" each time I called. They were no help.

One rep determined that I had a defective disc. I am not computer illiterate - I tried on my own dozens of times before calling for help. I have been using TurboTax annually, for over 20 years, and never once had any trouble downloading the software. 

TurboTax refused twice to refund my $45 purchase cost, for their defective product. Amazon would not refund after 30 days, and TurboTax after 60 days. Lesson learned - the "Satisfaction Guaranteed Policy" expires after 60 days, even if the product is defective.

TurboTax has now lost a well satisfied "customer-for-life" - for a measly $45, after I annually bought their product for over 20 years.  

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies

DOWNLOAD FAILURES

How old is your computer?  Does it meet the new requirements?

2022 Turbo Tax Desktop System Requirements
Windows 10 or later or Mac OS Big Sur 11 or later
https://turbotax.intuit.com/personal-taxes/cd-download/tta-system-requirements

If your computer won't install it, maybe you can use a friend's or relative's computer to install it on.  

dalezalaoras
Returning Member

DOWNLOAD FAILURES

Thanks for responding  VolvoGirl,

Processor Intel Core i5-3470 CPU @ 3.20GHz 3.20 GHz
Installed RAM 16.0 GB
System type 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor
Edition Windows 10 Pro Version 22H2
Installed on ‎6/‎19/‎2020
Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack 120.2212.4190.0
------------------------------------------------------

After my horrible experience with TurboTax, I went online, did my Federal (and State) taxes in one hour, and filed for free. (I am a low income senior citizen).

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies