Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Done with TurboTax --- lost running refund/owe amount on top bar

Time to find a new program to replace TurboTax.  I have been using TT for 6-years and have been happy. 

The fact that they removed the running REFUND / OWE amount is CRUCIAL for me. 

I will be looking to replace TT with another program. 

Absolutely ridiculous that they removed this.  They should have at least provided on ON / OFF option. 

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies

See this TurboTax support FAQ for the refund/taxes owed indicator for the online editions - https://ttlc.intuit.com/turbotax-support/en-us/help-article/customer-complaints/dont-see-tracker-sho...

Instead of showing up at the beginning, the tracker starts after you enter your income, deductions, and credits.  People saw a number on the tracker and got confused because it did not include all of their inputs.   It may be vital to you to watch the tracker but a lot of people were confused and upset when they saw it keep going down.

I would strongly prefer that they put the refund/owed tracker bar back at the top of the program with the option to turn it off if somebody wants it turned off.

This is so important to me as I am working on the taxes for me and my partner, and figuring out who is going to claim which child, and how we will sort out our expenses for the multiple businesses that we have together and independently.

I am a property manager and rental property owner, he is a carpenter and self-employed contractor.

We also farm together and renovate houses together.

We also share two different homes and children.  

PLEASE BRING BACK THE TRACKER BAR!!! 

I have told so many people to use TurboTax because of the tracker bar. it might not make sense for the average person to need a tracker bar, but for self-employed people with a lot going on and multiple investments together it does make sense to have it.

We change who claims which expense depending on how are looking on the tracker.  Most of our friends are self-employed contractors with children who are in the same situation as us, and they have found the tracker bar to be helpful.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies