Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Attend our Ask the Experts event about Extension Filers on Sept 25! >> RSVP NOW!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

KylaRoseE

Don't have a 1099-HC, only 1095B. How to file?

I'm trying to file my Federal and State taxes, but I did not receive a 1099-HC form only a 1095-B. The software keeps asking for my 1099-HC information, which the 1095-B form does not include. At this time, I an unable to file my taxes online due to this.
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
LynnD

If you have no 1099-HC, you will have to determine whether your insurance meets MCC requirements. See here for more info:
http://www.mass.gov/dor/individuals/taxpayer-help-and-resources/health-care-reform-information/frequ...

Once you have done that, complete the Health Insurance interview as follows:

Enter the insurance company name and your subscriber number, but leave the FID blank. When asked if you received a 1099-HC, answer "No". You may see an error during the state review, which you can ignore. TurboTax may not allow you to e-file, in which case you'll need to print and mail your MA tax return.

The 1095-B Form is for information and Does not need to be filled with your return.  Be sure to review it for accuracy and keep for your files.

When you come to the question “Did you have health insurance coverage in 2015”, simply select “Yes”

View solution in original post

4 Replies
LynnD

If you have no 1099-HC, you will have to determine whether your insurance meets MCC requirements. See here for more info:
http://www.mass.gov/dor/individuals/taxpayer-help-and-resources/health-care-reform-information/frequ...

Once you have done that, complete the Health Insurance interview as follows:

Enter the insurance company name and your subscriber number, but leave the FID blank. When asked if you received a 1099-HC, answer "No". You may see an error during the state review, which you can ignore. TurboTax may not allow you to e-file, in which case you'll need to print and mail your MA tax return.

The 1095-B Form is for information and Does not need to be filled with your return.  Be sure to review it for accuracy and keep for your files.

When you come to the question “Did you have health insurance coverage in 2015”, simply select “Yes”

cathyS

This answer was from a year ago - is it still the way to handle the problem for the 2016 returns? And if so, why has it not been fixed in this version of the software?
cathyS

ps - if you call your health insurance provider (I did) they should be able to tell you what the FID is (Blue Cross has a recording telling you the FID number if you chose the option about the 1099 and 1095 forms when you call). Then the errors will disappear, and hopefully you'll be able to efile.

1095-B does NOT include subscriber number, which is mandatory input for TurboTax 2018.
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies