Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Does online Turbotax Free Edition product no longer includes schedule B form for the year of 2023

For the year of 2022,  online Turbotax Free Edition includes Schedule B where my interest/dividend is over $1500.

For the year of 2023, online Turbotax Free Edition required me to upgrade to Deluxe because Basic excludes Schedule B? why is it?  

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies

Does online Turbotax Free Edition product no longer includes schedule B form for the year of 2023

The software only recommended that you upgrade to Deluxe, it was not a requirement.

The Basic desktop CD/Download edition does include and support a Schedule B.

Go to this TurboTax website for the desktop CD/Download editions, scroll down and click on View Forms under the Basic edition to view all the forms and schedules supported - https://turbotax.intuit.com/personal-taxes/irs-forms/

thank you for your response.

I just checked the left upper corner "Free Edition" (which I assume is Basic version) , I m using the online version, not software/CD ones. 

The following message I got from Turbotax when I tried to wrap it up and file online, and requires me to upgrade to Deluxe: 

"To accurately complete your taxes, you need to upgrade to TurboTax Deluxe
Why do I need to upgrade?
You have Interest and/or Dividends on a Schedule B.
TurboTax Free Edition is only for simple returns. It does not cover this situation."

Please help...

@lifedash06-gmail The TurboTax online Free edition does not support Schedule B.  If you have entered interest and/or dividends that total $1,500 or more, then the Schedule B is required to be included in your federal tax return.  You will have to upgrade to the Deluxe online edition.

There may be other software vendors where you can file for free with the Schedule B.  Go to this IRS website for the Free File vendors - https://apps.irs.gov/app/freeFile/browse-all-offers/

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies