Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Does Intuit violate personal privacy

The company claimed that a purchase of TurboTax could be used for 5 federal files.  However, Millions American encounter a problem as they use the software. Commonly people will received this message "This license code has already been associated with an account. Please check that account and look for it in Downloads" I spoke with the Intuit customer service. They said to share or use the application to its maximum benefits, all the five fillers must registered within the company website with A single e-mail address and shared a COMMON passwords (equal access). That is saying the 5 entities MIGHT see each other's return ( in dollar amount) at post-filing stage. Is it ugly? or does Intuit violates federal privacy laws by practicing such eel?  I would not say the INTUIT is very reluctant letting filers using their software to the top utilities, but technically, we were cheated by the company for years. 

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies

First---the license key allows you to download and e-file up to five federal returns using computers that YOU own.  And....when you use the desktop software, the tax file is only stored on your own hard drive.  It is not stored online anywhere -- so no one else can see your tax return.   The account they are referring to is the account from which you can download the software.  That account is not ever used to store anyone's tax return that was prepared using the CD/download.

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**

I am glad you are not encountered the problem, as such, you answer is not to the point.  Say five person, A, B, C, D, E, from Brandon family,  father and sons, live in 5 corner states of the country, How could they install in computers of each of the Brandon's? Joe Brandon is the person who bought the software using his email. As his sons will be trying to download THE TURBOTAX online, they have to login his father's email to verify the purchase, How is it realistic?

Otherwise, each every one will be seeing the following:

This license code has already been associated with an account. Please check that account and look for it in Downloads.

Even if the father sent his download to his sons by e-mail or threw it on cloud, by the end, whenever these sons will be filing electronically, the acknowledgement and return status will be sending to the registered e-mail address. Period!

hahaha,  Jack has a big bite by investing, look at how fat a check he wrote to IRS, and Joe Jr seems difficult to meet ends, he got $8989 tax refund. It is not narrative, it is real ! My son bought a turbotax and I have to buy my copy too, otherwise, I have to often shoot email to him to ask help to  "ACTIVATE CLAIMED MULTI-USERS SOFTWARE"  from The Intuit.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies