colinnarberes

Does anyone know how i can file my taxes after my parent files me under theres as a dependent? I keep trying trying to go into my taxes and it wont fix the issue...

dcd915

I don't know what you think the issue is but you can file a tax return for yourself but not claiming yourself as a dependent. That's usually the reality for someone young who doesnt make 'a lot' of money. say under 7500 or so and lives at home. You get no personal exemption and a lower standard deduction since your expenses are somewhat paid for by your parents. Start your return again and answer that someone else can claim you as a dependent... Your parents saved money by claiming you, probably more than if you claimed yourself...