Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

emorris3

Does anyone have an issue with their Alabama State taxable income computed by turbotax being larger than the dollar amount listed in the state income section?

Alabama does not tax social security nor pension income from certain defined benefit plans which I have. (Yes, I checked the box that they were not taxable in the software.) The majority of income is from multiple 1099-Rs. Small amount from 1099-INT. No W-2. One 1099-R is a Roth conversion. In one section, it asks if that 1099 is an IRA OR a Roth IRA conversion. It has the dollar amount in both boxes for the OR and will not allow me to clear one. That is the only troublesome field I see, but the dollar amount the computation is off is not equal to the Roth conversion amount. Federal computations all appear fine. Just state issues.
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies
CatinaT1
Expert Alumni

Does anyone have an issue with their Alabama State taxable income computed by turbotax being larger than the dollar amount listed in the state income section?

Many things have been corrected in the latest updates to TurboTax. Are you still experiencing this problem?

Make sure you have ran all updates. 

If using TurboTax Online: Clear your cache and cookies. See this FAQ, for your particular browser.

If using TurboTax Desktop: Please see this FAQ.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Yes, I'm having same issue, just ran updates, no change.  It looks like my 2023 Roth Conversion is being double counted towards my state income (Alabama).  If I converted 100,000 from a traditional IRA, I realize I count this as income, however, when I click the box that it was converted to a Roth, my State Income increases by 200,000 (effectively double counting my conversion) and taxing the same money twice?  Only way I've been able to avoid this is to go to my Alabama Forms, Pen Excl Wks and manually change the number.  Am I missing something?  

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies