Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Document download Ameritrade and Schwab

Schwab and Ameritrade documents are ready.

your download does not work, and only brings down Schwab. This is extremely dangerous, as if you do not check it closely. THIS IS HORRIBLE.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

6 Replies
wryan61

You have to import the Ameritrade documents separately from the Schwab. Two imports. I had no trouble.

How? My credentials for Ameritrade are gone.

This is not working at all. Both Schwab and Ameritrade infomation is on the Schwab web site. The list to import only shows Schwab info.

How do you import the information from a pdf. I have those two.

CatinaT1
Expert Alumni

See the following TurboTax Help articles for potential fixes:

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

This is very confusing and not at all clear.

All that is imported are the Schwab documents.

You have to logon to Schwab and download the documents for TD Ameritrade.

Then in tax program select TD Ameritrade and get document #, and account from the downloaded items.

This is 2024 and Intuit cannot figure out how to get all this in one sweep, SMH!

Also new version downloaded today and 3 aborts, What the hell is that about.

I troubleshoot this problem daily and most of the time it works for me and many others I have helped.  Have you all tried to go to your settings> update and security> "check for updates"

If you have "pending restart" then restart then go back to check if your windows update is now up to date, if you have an error message telling you to rety then you need to increase the size of your partition (google it).  Mac users you go to your apple icon >system preferences ( or something like that) > general and check your updates. Very important step to skip.....

When your device is needing these cumulative updates and/or security updates nothing you are trying is going to work. It cant 

then open a google browser or whichever you use and clear the cached sites and cookies then a safety check. Note: the security is there to keep your information safe I do agree there should be clearer instructions. I like to call it road blocks you need to clear before your information is sent online.

Now  open your turbotax program from the top of the screen... see. file edit view online help, click online>check for updates then start a new return and update again go back to your return open it up and try and import as directed

And finally you can try to choose  few accounts at a time you also may need to be on an ethernet cable or reset your modem and router.

other options : sign in to your broker account change your password > log back in to broker acct check your forms are there>exit and relaunch turbotax> again you should update the program from the online on the top of your screen.  check that you  have do not allow 3rd party accessI. Good luck I hope this helps.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies