Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

kayhitta

Do turbo tax automatically sends my tax return out or do I have too?

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies
ModestaL

If you e-filed you don’t have to send in any forms in unless you was instructed to do so. Your e-file status will show the date you transmitted your return and if it was accepted or rejected. Both your Federal and State will be listed separately if you filed both. To check if your tax return was e-filed, click here

However if selected the File by mail option you would mail your return(s) in. If you selected this option, your instructions should be listed with your paperwork. You would want to attach any forms to your return that show income tax withheld (for example: W-2 forms). Make sure your sign your return because it will not be valid unless your signature is on it. The IRS states, “For supporting statements, arrange them in the same order as the schedules or forms they support and attach them last." 

Here's a link with instructions on How to print and mail your returnhttps://ttlc.intuit.com/replies/3401713

Truck12345
Returning Member

Does TurboTax automatically file your income tax where you don't have to mail it

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies