steve-judell

Do the fees for turbo tax go up after March 16, 2017?

mesquitebean

The exact date has not been announced in so many words, but fees will be going up soon.  Usually it is soon after mid-March, so I suspect it will be March 17 or soon after.

If you're using Online Premier, the new fees will likely be 79.99 for Federal and 39.99 for State.   Currently it is 54.99 for Federal and 36.99 for State.

You can lock in the current discounted fees by paying in advance, then you won't be hit with the price increase, and you won't have to rush to file by March 16.   Then you can relax and have plenty of time yet to file.

Paying in advance also gives you the ability to view/print the forms at any time during preparation.

To pay in advance:

• Log in and open your return ("Take me to my return.")
  • With the return open, click on MY ACCOUNT at the top, then PRINT CENTER.
  • Choose "Print/save/preview this year's return."  
  • It will then prompt you to pay by credit/debit card.  Once paid, you can also view/print the forms at will.

mesquitebean

To pay in advance: