Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Event: Ask the Experts about your refund > RSVP NOW!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I received second W2 from my employer with box 1 empty and box 12A with code W in amount of 1500, It's not allowing me to e-file

I received, 2nd  W2 from my same employer with box 1 empty and only box 12A with code W in amount of 1500, It's not allowing me to e-file.

On my Frist W2 from the same employer I have box 1 and other box filled , Box 12a is DD 18000, 12b  is C 500, 12c is D 7999 and 12d is V 1199.  

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
DianeW
Expert Alumni

I received second W2 from my employer with box 1 empty and box 12A with code W in amount of 1500, It's not allowing me to e-file

Do not add a second W2 for the same employer.  Add the additional code in box 12, and amount, to the one W2 for the same employer. This will allow you to E-file your return.  

• Click the image attached to enlarge and view - it will show the box 12 entries for both W2s (included in only one W2 entry for the same employer).

View solution in original post

1 Reply
DianeW
Expert Alumni

Do not add a second W2 for the same employer.  Add the additional code in box 12, and amount, to the one W2 for the same employer. This will allow you to E-file your return.  

• Click the image attached to enlarge and view - it will show the box 12 entries for both W2s (included in only one W2 entry for the same employer).
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies