69april88

Do i submit a separate filing under my account when my spouse filed ours filing jointly?

the return with both our info was submitted and accepted but do i also have to submit one?
or is the 1 filing she did correct?

When you file a joint return you are supposed to enter ALL of the information for both spouses on the SAME Form 1040 so there is no need for each of you to file tax forms individually.   Did you correctly enter income from BOTH of you on the joint return?

Mike9241

no a joint return is exactly that. income for both taxpayers is submitted on just 1 return.

69april88

yes we did. thank you