Solved: Do I send a copy of my federal return with my state (Ohio) return when filing the state return by mail?

flashthunder76

Do I send a copy of my federal return with my state (Ohio) return when filing the state return by mail?

I have already efiled my federal return and it has been accepted.  TurboTax printed the federal return along with the state return but the directions do not state to include the federal with the state when filing by mail.

KrisD

No, Ohio does not require a copy of your Federal return. 

Include all necessary schedules/worksheets with your return.

• If you have an amount on line 2a and/or 2b of your IT 1040, include your properly completed Ohio Schedule A.

• If you have an amount on line 9 and/or 16 of your IT 1040, include your properly completed Ohio Schedule of Credits

• If you have an amount on line 11 of your Ohio Schedule A, include your properly completed Ohio Schedule IT BUS.

• If you have dependents, include your properly completed

Ohio Schedule J.

• If you have an amount on line 3 and/or line 5 of your Ohio Schedule of Credits, include your properly completed worksheet LS WKS.

• Ensure your return is placed in the proper order:

1)Ohio IT 1040

2)Ohio Schedule A

3)Ohio Schedule IT BUS

4)Ohio Schedule of Credits

5)Ohio Schedule J

6) Worksheets and attachments

7) Wage and income statements

KrisD

Ohio Schedule J.

1)Ohio IT 1040

2)Ohio Schedule A

3)Ohio Schedule IT BUS

4)Ohio Schedule of Credits

5)Ohio Schedule J

6) Worksheets and attachments

7) Wage and income statements