Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

urrlb

Do I report money that I received from selling online? I sold around 2k worth of things. Most went straight to bank and only 590 was sent to paypal. No 1099 k was given

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Reply
SharonD007
Expert Alumni

Do I report money that I received from selling online? I sold around 2k worth of things. Most went straight to bank and only 590 was sent to paypal. No 1099 k was given

Yes, you do need to report the income from the income you received from selling online even if you didn't receive a 1099-MISC or 1099-K. You are considered self-employed and will complete a Schedule C which is how you report your self-employment income. The good news is that you can deduct ordinary expenses that you incurred making this income.  Follow the steps below to enter your income.

1. Launch TurboTax
  2. In the search bar at the top, enter in Schedule C
  3. Select Jump to Schedule C
  4. Answer Yes on the next screen - Did you have any self-employment income or expenses?
  5. Answer the questions on each screen, when you get to the screen — Let's enter the income for your work, select Other self-employed income, and Continue
  6. Enter the amount under cash or check
  7. Continue going through the screens to enter your expenses.

For additional information, review the TurboTax help articles: How does my side job affect my taxes? and How do I report income from self-employment?

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies