Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

jntowers

Do I really need Credit Karma? When I filed (which looks to be complete), it sounded like it was required, but errored out when I tried to sign up (which I don't want).

When I filed my return, it made it sound like I had no choice but to sign up for Credit Karma since it was part of Intuit.  So I followed the instructions, but it gave me an error.  Now I know the error is because I have my credit reports locked.  But I don't care about Credit Karma, don't want Credit Karma, and want to get rid of it.  I don't want to lift the locks on my credit report for this.

I know from text confirmations and my Turbo Tax log in that my return was filed and accepted.   

When I reached out to Credit Karma to ask about all of this, their customer support was useless, telling me I needed to contact the IRS to find out what would happen to my return if I cancelled my Credit Karma account.

I just want some clarification on this.  Do we really need an account with CK?  If I can get someone there to actually close my account, is that going to mess anything up on my return?  

If Turbo Tax requires this going forward, I might have to switch services.  My tax situation is relatively simple now, so it wouldn't be a hard change...

Thanks in advance!
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Reply

Do I really need Credit Karma? When I filed (which looks to be complete), it sounded like it was required, but errored out when I tried to sign up (which I don't want).

@jntowers 

You should tell Credit Karma you don't want their account and you want it cancelled immediately if it exists.

IRS will mail you a check.

The whole setup you describe is a ripoff.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies