weepin_moon1369

Do i put a form ssa-1099-sm here that i received as a representative payee for my minor child due to non custidial fathrrs disability benefits

Marketstar

You should not enter a dependent's Social Security benefits reported on a SSA-1099 on your tax return.  

If the dependent earned no other income during the tax year, the income is not taxable or reportable and thus a tax return is not required.

If the child has enough other income to be required to file, then he/she should report the Social Security on his/her return.

Marketstar

weepin_moon1369

Even though the 1099 says my name "for" her name right?
Marketstar

Right!