Do I need to pay Health insurance peanalty 2018 if I don’t have health insurance? I moved to US on May 2018 and married and no green card till now. I made 0 in 2018.

Hello, I moved to US on May 2018 and got married on May. I bought private insurance from September to December. I didn’t make any money on 2018 because I was not allowed to work. I didn’t have my green card till now 2019, March. Do I need to pay for the 2018 ACA health care penalty? I think it is unfair for me to pay. Can anyone tell me? Thanks. 

How can you have a penalty if you're not an American citizen?  After marrying an American citizen you aren't even eligible for naturalization for 3 years. That's my understanding. Even if you were a citizen, it's likely you could get the penalty waived using form 8965. What with zero income you can say Health Insurance in your state was unaffordable. Remember, there will be no penalty for anybody in tax year 2019.