Solved: Do I need to file a separate extension with Califo...

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Announcements
TurboTax has you covered during Covid. Get the latest second stimulus info here.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 1

Do I need to file a separate extension with California if I already have a Federal extension?

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
Employee Tax Expert

Do I need to file a separate extension with California if I already have a Federal extension?

California (CA) has postponed the filing and payment deadline to July 15. You also get an automatic filing extension to October 15, but if you owe, you must submit payment by July 15 to avoid penalties and interest. They offer 3 payment options:

1. Pay by bank account (Web Pay)
  2. Pay by credit card
  3. Print and mail Form FTB 3519 (3519-PIT) along with your check payment

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Employee Tax Expert

California (CA) has postponed the filing and payment deadline to July 15. You also get an automatic filing extension to October 15, but if you owe, you must submit payment by July 15 to avoid penalties and interest. They offer 3 payment options:

1. Pay by bank account (Web Pay)
  2. Pay by credit card
  3. Print and mail Form FTB 3519 (3519-PIT) along with your check payment

View solution in original post

Level 1

So,I get an automatic extension to October 15,2020. Thank you for answering my question, Greg

Dynamic Ads
v
Privacy Settings