Sign Up

Why sign in to the Community?

  • Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
New Member

Do I need to file a 1099 misc for cild care?

1 Reply
Level 9

Do I need to file a 1099 misc for cild care?

Generally no, you do not need to file and send the daycare or the individual persona 1099-MISC for child care expenses. In order to claim the child care on your return, you will need the name and ss# or ein# for the individual person or organization that provides the care.

If you received a 1099-MISC for child care services you provided, you do need to claim that on your return. 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
Dynamic AdsDynamic Ads
Privacy Settings